Play DUNGEONS & DRAGONS in the MAGIC: THE GATHERING world of Theros—a realm shaped by the wrath of gods and the deeds of heroes, where champions vie for immortal favor and a place among legends.
• Rise above the common throng with SUPERNATURAL GIFTS, abilities that give you remarkable powers that set you on the path to legend.
• Explore Theros as a SATYR or LEONIN—mythic cat-like heroes from Magic: The Gathering. Mythic Odysseys of Theros introduces these races to fifth edition D&D for the first time.
• Master new powers with Magic: The Gathering-inspired SUBCLASSES like the Bard’s College of Eloquence and the Paladin’s Oath of Heroism.
• Encounter MYTHIC MONSTERS, creatures whose power and renown are such that their names are truly living myths.
• Wield the weapons of the gods—five signature artifacts used by Theros’s deities.
• Created in 1974, D&D transformed gaming culture by blending traditional fantasy with miniatures and wargaming. Fifth edition D&D draws from every prior edition to create a universally compelling play experience.
From the Publisher
Will Your Story Be One of Legend—or of Tragedy?
In this D&D campaign setting, you’ll explore the Magic: The Gathering plane of Theros, a world inspired by the gripping epics, unforgettable monsters, and rich mythology of Ancient Greece.
Set off on an epic voyage across the Siren Sea, where mystic isles hide untold wonders and mythic monsters lurk in the deep. Visit the necropolies of the Returned—where melancholy golden masks mark those who dared escape the Underworld. Or journey into an enchanted valley to join satyrs in their indulgent revelry.
From the starry realm of Nyx, the gods rule over all. They seek champions—heroes to enact their schemes and spread their ideals. But are their gifts ever truly free?
Inside Mythic Odysseys of Theros
Power & Piety
All heroes are born with supernatural gifts. Were they bestowed by a god? The gift of a sphinx? The choice is yours. Each option grants your hero unique talents—whether blessing or curse.
Legendary Character Options
Introducing two playable races: get up to mischief as a fun-loving Satyr or play a proud, lion-like Leonin.
Two subclasses also join the fray: Bards of the College of Eloquence are masters of rhetoric, and Paladins who swear the Oath of Glory dedicate their lives to heroic deeds.
Plus, the admired Athlete also enters the ring of possible character backgrounds.
Kick off your campaign with a ready-to-play starting adventure. Players will unravel a mystery, uncovering secrets buried in the depths of the Underworld.
Beware the gorgon queen, Hythonia, and krakens eager to feed. Create climactic battles with detailed maps and stat blocks for mythic monsters. Discover treasures, from flying chariots to the spear of Heliod himself.
Playing Dungeons & Dragons
Become An Adventurer
Adventurers come in all shapes and sizes. Find one that’s fun for you.
A elvish cleric, driven from society for trespassing on tradition. A dwarven paladin, atoning for an ignominous past. The Player’s Handbook provides the skeleton for your characters. Flesh them out however you choose.
Join the Party
D&D brings people together and forges new friendships. Silly moments spawn inside jokes, moving battles leave treasured memories—whether in the heat of battle, embroiled in social intrigue, or solving clever puzzles, your party has your back.
Choose Your Own Path
The woods are growing dark. Behind a mass of ivy, you see the stones of a crumbling castle. What do you do?
In D&D, your options are limitless. Because the Dungeon Master, as narrator of your tale, can improvise in reaction to any choice you make, what happens next is entirely flexible. Do you dare go on?